If you sell a product or service, in this day and age, you really need a video to go along with that product or service. These are typically called "explainer" videos. Videos that show your customers what you are selling or offering as a service. While it is always good to hire a professional to shoot and edit it for you, if you want to do it yourself, here are some tips to help you out.
1. What does the product or service do? Explain a situation or problem then show what your business will do to make it better or fix the scenario you came up with. In other words what makes your business worth going to.
2. Keep your video short. Attention span on the internet today is short. If you do not have their attention in about 3 seconds, you are done. Make it simple, fun, exciting, and not boring! Get to the main subject matter quickly.
3. Shoot in Hi Definition. While almost all camera gear including cell phones shoot in High Definition, check to make sure. Also match your file size to where you are going with it. Most video files suitable for the internet is MP4. If you are making a DVD, then you need perhaps a MPEG II file.
4. So how is your voice? Consider someone with a decent voice to show what you are doing. Don't let your ego get in the way of selling your product. If you sound like death warmed over, then your video will look and sound the same.
5. Edit the video. Even if you don't want to hire a professional, there is simple editing tools on smart phones or on line that are free and simple to use.
6. Write a script. This should be your very first thought process. Make sure you follow the script. Keep the video 2 minutes or less. Look on You Tube or your competitors sites for ideas on what they did. Watch and copy the info commercial format if you can't think of your own ideas.
7. My last point is place your video on all your social media platforms you have. Make sure you follow up on your ROI and you can do this by placing a "Call To Action" on your video. Good luck and remember, if you are overwhelmed by all of this, hire a professional!
Roy has over 30 years experience in the broadcasting and marketing fields. He carries strong credentials in mass media, social media, advertising, marketing, public relations, and video production. Mr. Garton is also a professional actor and voice-over talent.
Like it? Pin It!